There are over 4,000 colleges and universities in the U.S. And while the media tends to focus on just a handful of schools, we at College Coach encourage students to think outside the box during their college selection process and explore a wide range of colleges. As such, we are highlighting a new college each week in our School Spotlight series. Check out the college below, along with the other posts in our series, and you may just stumble upon your dream school!
School Spotlight: Wellesley College
Calling all women! While you may not currently be considering a women’s college, here are eight reasons to add Wellesley to your college list.
- Diversity: students come from all 50 states, over 60 countries, and 49 percent are students of color.
- Size: your voice will be heard given the 8:1 student to faculty ratio.
- Real world experiences: more than 70 percent of students complete an internship while on campus, and 45 percent of juniors study abroad.
- Academics: in addition to choosing from over 50 majors and 1,000 classes, students can also cross-register with MIT.
- Affordability: the average financial aid package is over $47,000, and the College guarantees to meet 100% of demonstrated financial need through a combination of grants, work-study, and loans.
- Campus: where else can you find a cinema, arboretum, golf course, observatory, art museum, and lake on a 500-acre campus?
- Connections: once you graduate, you will be in the company of 35,000 alumnae, including powerful women like Madeleine Albright and Hillary Rodham Clinton.
- Women first: 100 percent of student leadership opportunities on campus are occupied by women.
Image Credit: Top, Courtesy of Wellesley College