Our latest episode of Getting In: A College Coach Conversation was dedicated exclusively to answering the questions of our listeners. Host Elizabeth Heaton partnered with College Coach’s Kathy Ruby, to tackle the admission and college finance questions that are on our listeners’ minds.
College Admission Questions
The admission application questions posed by our listeners were judged excellent and spanned a wide range of topics:
- What is the best way to represent employment experience on the college application?
- How does the personal essay for graduate school differ from the personal essay submitted for undergraduate applications?
- How does the admission process consider dual enrollment courses taken at a community college?
- What is the influence of being a legacy applicant in making an admission decision?
College Finance Questions
Questions that pertained to financing the college education were equally thought-provoking:
- Is there space in the financial aid application to explain that financial information from the previous year is not representative of the current year’s financial situation?
- If your student is already in college, what are the best ways to find scholarships and maximize loans?
- How do funds in a 529 savings account affect eligibility for financial aid?
- When is the appropriate time to fill out financial aid forms?